I have such a sweet tooth and these cookies tick every box for me. Chocolate (check) Salty (Check) Soft yet firm (Check) .. Its a cookie (check, check) Make these. You won’t regret it.
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 120g butter / vegan spread
- 1 medium organic egg
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 180g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Large handful of chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon of rock salt flakes
- Grease and line 2 baking trays with baking paper and turn your open to 180’
- Cream the butter / vegan spread with the sugar until lovely and fluffy. If your butter is soft enough you can just do this with a wooden spoon. Add in the egg, vanilla, tahini and stir.
- Fold in the flour & bicarb of soda. When everything is combined fold in the chocolate chunks & hazelnuts.
- Using a ice cream scoop or just a tablespoon spoon dollops onto your prepared baking trays. You should be able to get about 10 spoonfuls. Make sure you’re giving them space, allowing the cookie to spread out. Pop in the oven for 10-12 minuets.
- The outside should be firm and the inner all gooey, they will harden up when they’re cooling so don’t over bake them. Cool on the trays for about 10-15 mins before transferring to a rack or eating warm with ice cream.