If i was going to eat one cake for the rest of my life it would be carrot cake. I love everything about this cake recipe and it makes my kitchen smell delicious. This recipe isn’t what I would call “healthy” but its so tasty I didn’t want to change it as of yet.
- 125 g soft brown sugar
- 125 ml melted coconut oil
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 orange (juiced, zest half of the orange skin and peel the other half with a zester into thin strips for topping)
- 200 g grated carrots
- 200 g cream cheese
- 110 g icing sugar
- Turn your oven to 180′ (fan) and line your muffin tray with muffin cases.
- In a large mixing bowl cream the sugar and eggs together, add in the coconut oil and orange zest. Then fold in the flour, spices & carrot.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a dessert spoon, scoop the batter into the muffin cases and then bake for about 20 minuets. Poke with a skewer and if it comes out clean they are done. Remove for the oven and cool on a rack.
- Beat the sugar and cream cheese together and spread over the cooled muffins. Or use an icing bag to pipe it over the muffins. Top with orange zest.