I love, love, LOVE a good burger. There is nothing wrong with having a massive cheese burger that requires two hands to eat it (and a bib) every now and again. Whilst that bad boy may be good for your soul (and hangover) it isn’t THE best thing for your body. These Turkey & Courgette burgers are a healthier & leaner option but still taste amazing! I make a batch and freeze them so I can dig them out whenever I need a quick dinner or lunch.
These burgers are amazing in naked burger bowls and jammed between a bun with avocado & homemade salsa.
(Makes about 10-12)
- 400g Lean Turkey mince
- 1 large courgette, grated
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 red chilli, finely sliced
- Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Set your Oven 180’ (Fan)
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the ingredients.
- With your hands mould into patties – should make about 10/12 depending on how big you make them. (Use and ice cream scoop and smush down if you don’t want to use your hands)
- On a medium heat a tsp of olive oil in a large frying pan. Cook the burgers on each side for about 3 mins – you just want to put a bit on colour on them, don’t fiddle with them either as they will fall apart!
- Line a baking tray with grease proof paper and place the patties on the tray. Cook in the oven for about 15 minutes till cooked through.