These wraps are one of my favourite things to make – I like to freeze the potato and chickpea filling so i can grab it when I’m stuck for dinner. The beetroot & coconut yoghurt goes with so much as well so you can make a big batch and keep in the fridge for a week or so. Same goes for the salsa, it goes with so much – avocado toast, eggs, salads, chilli, fish .. the list goes on and on.
Sweet Potato & Chickpeas
- 1 Large Sweet Potato (peeled and cut into bite sized chunks)
- 1 Can of Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 Medium Red Onion (Peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons of Harissa Paste
- 50 mls of water
- 1/2 Red Chilli (de seeded and roughly chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Teaspoon of dried oregano
- Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 3 Large Vine tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1/2 Standard Cucumber (finely chopped)
- 1/2 Red Chilli (De-seeded and roughly chopped)
- 1 Small red onion (peeled and Finely chopped)
- 1 Small tin of Sweetcorn (drained and rinsed)
- Small Handful of Fresh Coriander, roughly chopped stalks and all.
Coconut & Beetroot Yoghurt
- 250g of Dairy Free Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 Ball of Beetroot – pre cooked (roasted or steamed – not pickled)
- 1 Small Clove of Garlic
- 1 Sprig of Fresh Dill
- 3 Fresh Mint Leaves
- Corn Wraps
- Greens like spinach or mixed salad
- Drizzle of Coconut yoghurt
- Extra Herbs like fresh coriander
The Smokey filling
- Heat the oil in a heavy based sauce pan with a lid – keep to a medium heat. Add the Onion and cook till soft.
- Add the Sweet potato, chickpeas , chilli, oregano and the Harissa paste. Give the contents a good stir so everything is coated. Cook for about 5 minuets. Adding a little water every now and again.
- Put the lid on the pan and cook for about 10/15 minuets. Adding water every now and again and giving the pan a good stir and season as you go. Make the Salsa and Sauce whilst this is cooking.
- When the potatoes are nice and soft take the pan off the heat and keep warm till you are ready
- Put all of the ingredients into a Tupperware box, snap the lid on and give it a good shake to mix it all together.
Coconut Beetroot Yoghurt Sauce
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend till you have a nice smooth consistency – add a little water or some more yoghurt if you want.
Assemble the wraps and dig in!
I hope you love these as much as i do!