I adore this chilli recipe. It’s so easy to make and incredibly versatile as well. If you don’t have black beans you can use any beans you have in the cupboard.
This is chilli is warming and tastes even better the next day, after all the flavours have had even more time to mingle together – so it is brilliant for lunch the next day if you have any left overs
- 2 Sweet potatoes (peeled and chopped into chunks)
- 1 white onion (roughly chopped)
- 2 red peppers (de-seeded and sliced)
- 2 tins of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tsp hot chilli powder + 1 tsp paprika + 1 tsp cumin + 1 tsp ground coriander. 2 fat cloves of garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes + 300 mls of good quality vegetable stock.
- To serve (completely optional!)
- Yoghurt (coconut yoghurt is amazing if vegan or vegan sour cream)
- Salsa of tomatoes, cucumber & red onion
- Tortilla chips
- Brown rice
- Heat some oil in a heavy based pan (lid!!) and cook the onions till soft
- Tip in the peppers, spices and garlic. Big stir and cook for a few mins.
- Add the potatoes, stir again.
- Add the tomatoes & stock, big stir, pop the lid on and cook for about 20 mins.
- Keep an eye out and stir it every now and again. Add a little more water if you feel like it needs it.
- When the potatoes are soft add the beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Whilst the chilli is cooking make your salsa if using this or cook your rice.
- Turn the heat off when the chilli is cooked and leave until you’re ready to eat.