This salad reminds me of a holiday i had in Ibiza with my friends. We sat by a tiny bay having a delicious lunch of salads, fresh fish and Rose’ wine. I recreated a salad that we had that day and made it a bit more of a stand alone meal by adding in roasted sweet potato wedges. Perfect for a packed lunch, dinner or a side dish.
- 1 Large Sweet Potato (Cut into wedges, leave the skin on)
- 1/2 a pack of Greek Feta Cheese
- 5 or 6 Strawberries (rinsed and cut into 1/4s)
- 1 Head of Romaine Lettuce (Rinsed and roughly chopped)
- 2 Medium Vine tomatoes
- Florets of 1 Head of Broccolli
- 1/2 a medium Cucumber
- Handful of mixed sprouts
- Olive Oil (about 4 table spoons for roasting the potatoes)
- Salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon of dried mixed herbs.
Honey & Mustard Dressing
- 1 Teaspoon of runny honey
- 1 Teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- 3 Teaspoons of good quality Apple Cider Vinegar
- 75 mls Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
In a bowl whisk all the above together with a fork until combined (or shake together in a jam jar)
- Turn the over to 180′ and pre-heat a roasting tin / baking tray
- In a large mixing bowl add the potatoes, Olive oil, the herbs, a generous amount of pepper and a sprinkling of rock salt. Toss this together so the potatoes are nicely coated. Tip into the roasting tine and roast for about 15/20 minuets. Turning half way.
- Meanwhile prepare the rest of the salad ingredients. If you haven’t already rinse the Lettuce, Strawberries, Broccoli, Tomatoes & Cucumber. Slice the the tomatoes into quarters and roughly chop the cucumber.
- Steam the broccoli florets until they are cooked (about 5 minuets) and rinse under cold water to cool.
- Assemble everything in a salad bowl, crumble over the feta & sprinkle the sprouts if using and drizzle the dressing over everything.